Yesterday my big girl turned 22 months old! That is crazy to me! In 2 short months she will be 2 AND she will be a big sister! I cannot believe how smart she is, she amazes me every day by the things she can do or the things that she will ask for. She is definitely our precious gift from God.
I know that I’m going to leave a million things out but these are just some of the things I want to remember about her.
- She currently LOVES the Chipmunks movies, and when the chippettes start singing, girl busts a move!
- She will inform you which songs you are going to sing to her, and when you’re going to do it. Sometimes this demand is made complete with hand movements. “Mommy! Wheel on the bus! Round and Round!” While moving her little hands round and round.
- She has about 5 times said her ABC’s all the way though (color me shocked!) but most of the time it’s “A, B, C, D, E, W, X, Y, Z!” Or, if you say A-G she will always do H-Z and you always get a little giggle at the “L, M, N, O, P” point.
- She can count from 1-10 and she no longer leaves out 5. And since we always try to compliment her for these endeavors (counting and her ABC’s) she always completes her counting with clapping and saying “Yay!” Melt my heart little girl!
- Brad recently checked out the soundtrack from the curious george movie for her to listen to in the car. We are only allowed to listen to the first song.
- This girl is also now in love with “George Monkey!”
- She has very quickly picked up on the concept of Christmas. She’ll tell you Merry Christmas, start singing Jingle Bells, and asks all the time about Santa. Her teachers at school say they haven’t started talking about Christmas yet, and we just started our advent on December 1. This has been going on for a couple of weeks so I don’t know where she picked up the concept of Christmas so quickly!
- After my Dr.’s appt. on Monday we are taking her down to see Santa since she has been asking for him non stop. This should be entertaining.
She is so smart and picks things up so quickly! I try to tell her ALL the time how smart she is so she knows and has that confidence. ( Pet Peeve: I hate when you hear parents telling their children how Pretty, beautiful, handsome, etc. that they are but they never mention anything about intelligence!!)
The other night she wanted Daddy to paint with her on the “Puter!”
Here is our stack of books for our Christmas advent, she is in LOVE with this concept after only 2 nights.
On December 1st she opened up “Merry Christmas Strega Nona”, she could take it or leave it. But last night she opened up “Snowmen At Christmas” um, we read it 5 times! It is an adorable book. I had never read it before, too cute! This morning when her sitter showed up she showed her the stack of wrapped books and told her “This is Santa, night night time!” Love that kid! She gets so excited looking at the stack trying to decide which one she’s going to open!
Brad took Ella sledding on Wednesday, I’m kind of bummed that I had to work for her first sledding experience but she told me all about it! She loved it!
And now for some more random things.
- I sent Brad a text this morning at 9:50 saying “I really REALLY want a hot dog right now, is that weird” (OMG, a hot dog sounds AMAZING right now!) only to hear back “Well, it’s not normal!” Come on Brad, after 10 years don’t you know yet that I’m not normal???
- I’m SO excited! I finally found the perfect deal on a Kitchen for Ella for her BIG Santa gift. It was originally $249 at Kohl’s, on sale for $189 for Cyber Week, and I had a 20% off coupon, plus $45 in Kohl’s Cash, plus free shipping, so I got a $249 kitchen for $107! Score! That kid is going to be SO excited on Christmas!
- Another awesome bargain that I had to pull Brad in from the living room for! I ordered our Christmas cards the other night. And even without remembering my extra 20% off code for Cyber week My total was $16.98, my savings was $153.23! Love it! I had my $20 off card from Motherhood, free shipping, and had won 2 different giveaways for 25 free Christmas Cards. I love being thrifty! Now I cannot wait to see them because I found the CUTEST return address labels to go with them.
And just for fun, look at this awesome picture from Thanksgiving. My sister-in-law and I were comparing bellies (She’s 2 weeks behind me with her first baby! Yay!) and we didn’t realize Kasen was behind us until after it was taken. Haha, he was just showing his belly too.
Anyway, that is about as random as I’m getting right now (pretty random though with the hot dog comment) haha. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will be posting a Santa picture sometime Tuesday or Wednesday. Just a little something to look forward to. Haha!