- Yesterday we set out on a mission to get a dresser for the girls room and a big girl bed for Ella. We accomplished 50% of this and came home with a dresser. (See next bullet point on the bed situation)
- We went to Ikea to find these things. I LOVED almost everything that I saw in that store but I HATED their pricing structure. They couldn’t just put up “this costs this much for the whole set” No! So even when we started out thinking we were going the cheap option it would have been WAY too much for us to be comfortable with. And that was settling. For the bed that I LOVED (with drawers underneath for storage) It was $399 for just the frame, then you had to buy the slats, and then the mattress, and then the pillowtop so that it would fit right. Not what we were anticipating, so, we keep shopping!
- On our way to Ikea we witnessed a car accident. We were getting off of highway 6 and getting on the exit ramp for I-25, this idiot driver comes FLYING around us an is exiting north bound, he decides that the person in front of him wasn’t going fast enough (they were both going WAY too fast for an exit ramp) and decides to gun it right at an icy puddle. We watched his rear end spin around in to the right lane, he completely lost control and we thought he was going to take the guy in front of him out too, luckily for that innocent bystander he missed him but he then went back across the left lane and HEAD on in to the concrete barrier. Thank the good lord we were going South bound or else we could have been involved also. After we composed ourselves Brad call 911 and was able to get some help on its way.
- We ran a few other errands in the same general vicinity as the Ikea store and when we were leaving I swear I heard angels singing, only to look over and see a STEAK N’ SHAKE! (It’s on South Quebec in Centennial) OMG, Colorado friends, if you’ve never been to one in the midwest, do yourself a favor and go! We will be going back down there soon! Too bad it wasn’t dinner time yet! It’s the only one in the state! And I’m just going to say, Frisco Melt and Cheese Fries. That is all.
- On our way back home we stopped at a little BBQ place in Idaho Springs, Fried Okra! Yum!
- This post seems to have turned very food related, so I’m going to stop before I get really hungry and eat dumb things.
- Ha! How’s that for random?!
Ha, sorry, Ella LOVES all of the Biscuit books and in the Christmas one they sing along with the carolers and it goes “Fa la la la la. Woof!” so Ella will walk around the house singing this, it’s too cute.
And before you go thinking “Woah, you went overboard parents!” Yes it was still a TON of presents but not all from us (or Santa!) anything that grandparents, aunts, uncles, whoever sent to our house I wrapped in the same paper and we put out for the more dramatic affect after she was in bed. Then when she’d open something we’d say “Oh, Santa Brought that one from insert name here“. Anyway, I will now stop talking so much and just insert pictures of my kid opening her gifts on Christmas morning.
Ha! It was an amazing morning, we spent all day playing in the kitchen (Ella’s kitchen of course) and we cleared out the Christmas tree to make room, she now has her own little area in the Sun Room (since she needed more area, ha!) that has her kitchen, and her table and chairs. She’s set!
While she was down for her nap I was able to run some errands and get everything ready to put in the oven for dinner. We had Darren & Alicia and the boys come back over for dinner with us and just have a nice evening together.
We had an amazing Christmas, I cannot wait for next year when Ella “Gets it” even more than this year and she has her baby sister here to share it with! I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas spent with family and friends! I know we did!
Really, this is just one thing that I found hilarious and had to post so I wouldn’t forget.
Wednesdays are Brad and Ella’s day home together. I got home from work on Wednesday and Ella was up in her high chair eating a snack. I walked over, gave her a kiss on the head and she looks up at me, smiles, and says “Mommy! Dlkugflug asdluisdgf asdl;ufhfg asdui;sdgf gufg;obcv o;udfg df;oug gruio;eiudfbglibgf CHRISTMAS!” I had NO CLUE what she was trying to tell me. All I got out of it was Mommy, and Christmas and the rest she was talking so fast and so all over the place that I got none of it. Brad and I just looked at each other and laughed. When she was done with her snack and getting down she grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the tree. She and Brad had wrapped all of my gifts that day and that’s what she was so excited to tell me, I had Christmas presents under the tree and she was SO proud of herself for helping Daddy wrap them! Too cute!
And what post is complete without some pictures? One of her teachers comes over and watches her on Saturdays while Brad and I work, well yesterday I went to pick Ella up from school and she had a gift in her cubby from this teacher. I let Ella open it after dinner since she was so excited that “My Shannon” had gotten her a present. She got a Mrs. Potato Head with all kinds of accessories, her favorite accessories? Well, see for yourself.
Over the Window with Care.
Ha, we don’t have a tradtional fireplace with a mantal, so our stockings are hung above our living room window. We finally got the custom ones that I ordered for our family and I LOVE them!
Ella gets so excited every time she sees her stocking. She’ll tell you “that’s my stocking! Wanna hold it!” So we have to remind her that it has to stay hung until Santa fills it on Christmas Eve. Otherwise, she’d be carrying that thing around all day and sleeping with it, she LOVES it.
This week we opened a box from Mamaw and Mommy wasn’t fast enough hiding one of the things to go in Ella’s stocking. What was it? Maybe this photo will help
Big girl Undies! And it was love at first site. All she wanted to do that night was pull them up and down, try to put on all 3 pairs at once, and go to the potty by herself. It was a battle convincing her that she had to sleep in a diaper still.
Last night as daddy was getting Ella’s bath water ready, she wanted in my lap, I was about to fall asleep so she joined me, Brad caught it on film, this is her favorite way to spend time with her baby sister.
And, on Thursday night, Ella’s school had their Christmas Party. She freaked a little when Santa first came in the room, but they all did. But, once one little girl had gone up and Ella saw that she got a gift, she was next in line. She wouldn’t sit on his lap but she went up with me. (Forgive my husband for not understanding how to take pictures of events such as this.)
One of her teachers was sitting ground level in front of us taking pictures, so hopefully we’ll get an e-mail soon full of those gems. He said he got some great faces from Ella. Haha
And lastly, last night when we were leaving school, I checked out the Toddler room craft board and had to take a picture of Ella’s hand print Reindeer, too cute! those tiny hands! (Sorry for the crappy phone photo, the lighting in the hallway sucks!)
She’s so stinking smart!
This really isn’t ALL that late seeing as how my weekend is Sun-Tuesday. Haha.
Ella and I had a quiet day by ourselves on Sunday just hanging out and playing before we had the neighbors over for dinner. Monday though was a BUSY day! We had my Dr.’s appointment and of course Ella had wanted to go see Santa (you all know how that turned out) and then we ran some errands. But, before we left for the appointment Brad tried to convince Ella we needed to trim her bangs, she wasn’t having it. She ASKED to see her bangs so we took this lovely Photo:
To which she promptly responded “Nope.” I wasn’t about to wield a pair of scissors by the eyes of my head shaking toddler, Ella 1 – Mommy & Daddy 0.
But then she wanted to take her bath and get dressed for Santa. She chose her Christmas Card Dress.
First up was our Dr.’s appt and Ella clapped and said “Yay!” when we listened to the heartbeat, too cute! Brad went kind of crazy picking out things for Ella for Christmas but one thing she ended up with at the end of a (VERY!) long shopping day was this back pack, which was not able to be hidden because kid is addicted!
I love her bib “cape” in this picture! Anyway, like I said, she loves it, it goes everywhere with us (Sorry Papaw, this one won’t be wrapped, but she loves the gift anyway!)
Tuesday we had to take Cassidy to the vet and all I can say is Hallelujah! Her “Tumor” from a couple of months ago” SO not a tumor! It is swelling due to infection from our other dog licking her all the time! So, Cass is on antibiotics and Cody is going to get smacked if he touches her. Ha! They also put her on a Thyroid medicine and after only 1 dose, she was a new dog! I cannot wait to see how this affects her!
Tuesday evening was Lazy! Ella and Daddy did a puzzle while I made dinner:
Then, while we were getting the Ella’s plate ready we look over to find her like this. . . . .
Watching this. . . . . . .
Oh yeah! I knew she loved football, but who knew she’d be so intrigued by college basketball? Nice! But then, as soon as I took her picture she went in to photo mode and wanted another one!