And just for fun, some lovely pictures from Thanksgiving weekend.
Yep, minimal bruising on righty because she only took 1 draw from there (story to follow) and here is lefty, after 3 draws and a blown vein!
Oh yeah! That’s sexy! So, I get to my Dr.’s office bright and early at 8 AM (I did get to watch a GORGEOUS sunrise on my way over the pass though! And I saw a huge heard of elk right off the road) and we got the party started right away, draw #1 out of the left arm (my usually good arm) and then I drank the double strong disgusting drink! For the next hour I felt nauseous and light headed, not fun. Draw #2, right arm, after having the tunicate on my arm for a couple minutes and poking the heck out of it, she finally felt a vein plump, well, she missed and had to dig to hit it. Ouch! Draw #3, a vein just to the right of the initial draw, kind of stung a little since it was so close to the first draw location but everything was fine, until it blew out the vein! At least she got enough blood first. Hour 3 and draw #4 are approcahing, she has me go run my hands under hot water for 5 minutes to see if we can get the veins on the back of my hands to plump up enough to draw from one of those. No dice! So, tunicate goes back on to righty, after 5 solid minutes of poking and feeling around for veins she can’t find anything, so what happens, she draws from the original vein! OMG, I thought I was going to cry. Not only was that specific vein sore from the first draw, I had a blown vein like a mm away from it. But, thankfully that was the last one, and she gave me a bunch of free schwag to make up for the miserable experience. Haha.
After that though, I had my normal appointment and it went very well. I only failed the 1 hour test by 3 freaking points! You had to be UNDER 140 and I was at 142. Blah! I met with a Dr. who is new to the practice and I LOVED her, she is so personable and I loved her bed side manner. I know for a fact that all of her afternoon appointments were cancelled due to a migraine that she had (I was sitting there when they made the calls to reschedule) but she was friendly, and happy, and took the time to talk to me about my history even though she wasn’t feeling well. She said that at my 34 week appointment we would schedule my C-section with whichever Dr. we preferred (Um, you please!) and would schedule it for 39 weeks (Mom, that means February 1st, start looking for tickets!). Little Baby Girls heart rate was in the 140’s and she was measuring right on track. I have had no excessive or speedy weight gain, so hopefully this is all a good sign that I will pass my 3 hour test. Fingers crossed! I should find out this afternoon or tomorrow during the day (the Dr. I met with yesterday is the On-Call doc for Thanksgiving and she said she WOULD call on Thanksgiving if I hadn’t heard from anyone yet.) So yes, good appointment, just a rough 3 hour wait leading up to it. =)
How Far Along: 29 Weeks
Total weight gain: 20 lbs! Yep, I only gained 1 lb in 3 weeks! Score!
Maternity Clothes: That’s a given
Sleep: Miserable! I’m wide awake by 3 every morning
Stretch Marks: No newbies, thank goodness!
Best Moment this week: Taking Ella to meet Alicia’s new baby, Kai. And seeing how much she LOVED the baby! She stood in front of his swing while he was sleeping and just stared and giggled.
Movement: All the time!
Food Cravings: Still Cherry Coke, weird! It has to be from the fountain thoug. And now I’m going nuts for food tomorrow! =)
Gender: Precious Baby Girl!
Labor Signs: A few Braxton Hicks here and there, but nothing real.
Belly button: It depends on what I’m doing, sometiems it’s flat, sometimes it’s an outtie.
What I Miss: Not a thing! I love being pregnant! It’s so amazing knowing that you’re growing a life inside of you! Love it!
What I’m Looking Forward To: Being a family of 4. And in the more immediate future, Kati and Black Friday Shopping followed by Breaking Dawn!
Weekly Wisdom: Not Feeling too wise today, just Thankful for all I’ve been given in life.
29 Week Belly Pic:
And, since she’s just too darn cute for words, here’s a blury phone pic of Ella wandering around in my shoes this weekend.
She’s just too darn fast to be able to get non blurry phone pics anymore. Haha’
I hope everyone has an amazing and blessed Thanksgiving!
I just got an e-mail from Udder Covers with a Code for a free Carseat Canopy. . . . .thought some of you with new littles or some of you who are expecting might be interested.
“Promo Code for a Free Car Seat Canopy! Use Promo Code “SEVENSLINGS” Today!
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Go to CarSeatCanopy.com.
2. Click on “Shop Now” and select any Car Seat Canopy or Whole Caboodle Set that you like. The Whole Caboodle Set includes the same Car Seat Canopy as well as a matching Minky Car Seat Slip Cover, Minky Head Support Pillow, Replacement Umbrella with Minky Lining and a Baby Lap Blanket with Minky Underside. This promotion brings the price on any “Whole Caboodle Set” regularly priced at $135 to only $29.95!
3. Once you have made your selection, you’ll automatically be directed to the shopping bag. Enter the promo code ” SEVENSLINGS and it will bring your product total on a Car Seat Canopy to $0 and $29.95 on any Whole Caboodle Set!
Remember: the promo code is ” SEVENSLINGS ” and you can order as many times as you want – just open a new browser window each time you do.
At $29.95 for The Whole Caboodle, you’re getting the best baby shower gift you will ever give or receive!
Feel free to pass this promotion on to your friends!”
There you go friends! Take advantage!
I just saw this Survey and HAD to partake! =)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I have to choose?! I love both but whereas I could drink Hot Chocolate every day, I can only stand a little bit of Egg Nog a Year
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Ours were always wrapped, last year though I left some of the bigger ones for Ella unwrapped. Probably go with the big ones unwrapped, all the smaller ones will be wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? DEFINITELY colors on the tree, I can go either way for outside.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? Sometime after Thanksgiving, usually once it is December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Green Bean Casserole! Yum! And all of the desserts!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Getting to choose one gift to open on Christmas Eve!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 7 and I think I found all of the gifts, I immediately told my brother and sister that Santa didn’t exist. (Sorry Sara, I would have told you but you weren’t quite born yet!)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, but just one!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have all kinds of ornaments that are special to us that we decorate with. And our tradition will be to buy Ella (and Aubrey when she gets here) a new ornament every year so they can have their own stash when they grow up.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it in the beginning and when it’s dark and your headlights shine on untouched snow, the way it sparkles. But, we get so much of it that I’m usually sick of it shortly after Christmas.
12. Can you ice skate? I can but I ave not done it in YEARS!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The year I was due with Ella Brad got me a Mother’s Necklace, LOVE it!
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The memories you make.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I always make a cheesecake, yum.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I’m starting a new advent tradition with my daughter(s), and buying an ornament every year I will carry on, as well as opening one gift on Christmas eve.
17. What tops your tree? I need to get a new angel or star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, definitely.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I like the peppermint ones, but my FAORITE are the strawberry ones.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Movie? Miracle on 34th St, the old one, not the remake.
21. What is your favorite Christmas song? Chesnuts Roasting On An Open Fire
Play along friends! Fill out your own Holiday survey and let me know so I can check out your answers! =)
Well, this was hard because 7 people entered and I have 6 cards! Ella was not feeling pictures today (she had her flu shot this morning and then was a bit of a Grump after that) so I have no pictures, but she did have a blast pulling names out of her Pumpkin Basket from trick or Treat. Anyway, without further delay, the winners are:
Last night we had a HUGE wind storm that produced no snow for us, just a LOT of damage on the mountain! Right at midnight we had a peak gust of 109 MPH! insane!
Here is just SOME of the craziness:
Any of you who are pregnant or who have recently been pregnant know that when you order from Motherhood that they always send you a little packet full of samples, even if your order comes in more than one shipment, you get a packet in each one. Included in these packets are cards for Shutterfly that are worth a $20 credit, awesome-sauce right! Well, I had a couple of orders that were sent in about 3 different shipments each.
My point being, even with ordering Christmas cards and birth announcements in the next few months, there is NO way I will use them all. So, if you want a $20 credit to shutterfly to use towards your Christmas cards, leave me a comment and let me know your favorite Christmas/Holiday tradition. On Tuesday I will put all of your names in a hat and Ella will pull the winners! I have at least 5 if not 6 that I won’t be using! So there will be 5 or 6 winners!
Please leave your comments by NOON on Tuesday the 15th. We are Mountain time (2 hours behind the East Coast, 1 hour behind Central, 1 hour ahead of the west coast) so by Noon mountain time!
Good luck to everyone and I will video or photograph Ella pulling the winners and post them Tuesday afternoon!
So, we get to work this morning and I ask Brad to take a picture of me, well Ella wants in on the action. So you get 3 belly pictures because she kept telling him, “More pictures Daddy!” So he obliged.
Well, by that time, picture fun was not about to end. “Mommy, I eatin raisins. More pictures!”
So, I brought her down to my office to get her dressed and she wanted a “Piggy Tail!” So, after we got ready to go to school, I pulled her hair up in a quick pony tail only to hear “Take a picture, Mommy!”