So, some of the other Mommy bloggers out there do something called “Things I Don’t want to Forget Thursdays”. Well, since you know how horrible I’ve been about blogging recently, you know you won’t see this every week, or even on Thursdays for that matter. But, I love the idea so that when Ella is doing things I can jot them down and remember them.
- Ella is stubborn like her Daddy! She won’t roll over when I really want her to, but as soon as I post about her being on strike, she rolls right onto her back as soon as I put her on to her tummy. Twice!
- Vocabulary – We have a little chatter box! She loves to make noises, squeal, shriek, and has been quite vocal since about 2 weeks old. For the last 2 or 3 weeks she has been saying Da-da-da-da-da-da, when she is just sitting there talking to herself, so we knew it would only be a matter of time before she directed her Da-da’s at Brad. Well, for the past 2 days she has started saying Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma, it is AWESOME! Cannot wait until she addresses us!
- In the past week she has started shaking her head no. She thinks it’s the funniest thing, sometimes it will be after you say something to her so it’s almost like she’s telling you no. Other times, someone she knows can just be walking towards her and she’ll get a big smile on her face and just start shaking her head, sometimes it is just completely random, but every time it is ADORABLE!
- She’s started giving kisses! She’ll look at you for a second and then you see her mouth open and she’ll go in for the kill. LoL, she put her open mouth on your face, neck, shoulder, whatever she can get it to, and just slobber all over you. Love this!
- She has recently started a horrible habit at meal times. She’ll be sitting in her high chair and the spoon of food goes in her mouth, and then she’ll blow a raspberry. Spits food EVERYWHERE! It is impossible not to laugh, but you have to look serious, tell her no, and then turn your head before you can let the giggles escape. Sometimes No works for a few bites, sometimes it doesn’t.
- When Ella gets excited and she is in her Baby Bjorn or laying on the floor, she will just start wiggling and her whole body bucks, it’s too cute!
- She LOVES sitting on your shoulders; but, if you just hold her up on one shoulder, she will lean in and try to eat my head. It is hillarious, I don’t know if it feels good on her gums or what. You can feel her little mouth moving like she’s chewing on you, too funny!
- As I said in my previous post, Ella is an Excellent unsupported sitter!
- All around, she is just a happy baby! And that, I could never forget!