I’m back for this! We’ve had so many visitors in town that I haven’t been able to keep up. But, I’m back. LoL. So, here is a picture from a walk we took this past weekend, I squeezed our whole little family in there. =)
So, some of the other Mommy bloggers out there do something called “Things I Don’t want to Forget Thursdays”. Well, since you know how horrible I’ve been about blogging recently, you know you won’t see this every week, or even on Thursdays for that matter. But, I love the idea so that when Ella is doing things I can jot them down and remember them.
- Ella is stubborn like her Daddy! She won’t roll over when I really want her to, but as soon as I post about her being on strike, she rolls right onto her back as soon as I put her on to her tummy. Twice!
- Vocabulary – We have a little chatter box! She loves to make noises, squeal, shriek, and has been quite vocal since about 2 weeks old. For the last 2 or 3 weeks she has been saying Da-da-da-da-da-da, when she is just sitting there talking to herself, so we knew it would only be a matter of time before she directed her Da-da’s at Brad. Well, for the past 2 days she has started saying Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma, it is AWESOME! Cannot wait until she addresses us!
- In the past week she has started shaking her head no. She thinks it’s the funniest thing, sometimes it will be after you say something to her so it’s almost like she’s telling you no. Other times, someone she knows can just be walking towards her and she’ll get a big smile on her face and just start shaking her head, sometimes it is just completely random, but every time it is ADORABLE!
- She’s started giving kisses! She’ll look at you for a second and then you see her mouth open and she’ll go in for the kill. LoL, she put her open mouth on your face, neck, shoulder, whatever she can get it to, and just slobber all over you. Love this!
- She has recently started a horrible habit at meal times. She’ll be sitting in her high chair and the spoon of food goes in her mouth, and then she’ll blow a raspberry. Spits food EVERYWHERE! It is impossible not to laugh, but you have to look serious, tell her no, and then turn your head before you can let the giggles escape. Sometimes No works for a few bites, sometimes it doesn’t.
- When Ella gets excited and she is in her Baby Bjorn or laying on the floor, she will just start wiggling and her whole body bucks, it’s too cute!
- She LOVES sitting on your shoulders; but, if you just hold her up on one shoulder, she will lean in and try to eat my head. It is hillarious, I don’t know if it feels good on her gums or what. You can feel her little mouth moving like she’s chewing on you, too funny!
- As I said in my previous post, Ella is an Excellent unsupported sitter!
- All around, she is just a happy baby! And that, I could never forget!
That is exactly what the past couple of weeks have been. Between my mom and sister here for a week, Brads Hand, Brads mom out here for a long weekend, it’s just been crazy.
Ella is doing wonderful, although she seems to be on a rolling strike. She FINALLY decided to stop being so stubborn and start rolling over, and now she’s been on a strike for almost 2 weeks where she just will not do it! Any suggestions? I mean, the kid wants to move, she scoots herself EVERYWHERE when you put her down, she tries to let go of your hands when she’s standing up, she sits unsupported like a champ, she just refuses to roll over. There are still no teeth to speak of, her top gums are SO swollen and you can see those teeth just waiting to pop through. She hasn’t been running a “fever” because of them, but her temperature has been a couple of degrees higher then her normal 97.5. Also, her poop schedule is crazy (sorry if TMI!) she went almost the whole time Brads mom was here without pooping. Then, after she finally went she seemed to be back to normal (one poopy diaper every 2 days for anyone who was wondering) and then we got to yesterday. She had an all out “Poo-splosion” in the morning, at about lunch time she was sitting on my lap and at first I thought she was just gassy until she tensed up and things just stated flowing, she was concentrating so hard her little arm was shaking. It’s very VERY rare to have 2 dirty diapers in one day. Then, to top it off, we get home, go through our night time routine and she just WILL NOT go to sleep. So, I bring her out in to the living room and put her in her exersaucer to let her wear herself out a bit. Well, then she gets “the look”. She pooped AGAIN! I check her diaper and don’t see much, so I take her to her room to get her cleaned up, open up her sleeper and it’s all the way up her back! So, now it turns in to bath night. Since Brad and I had been cooking while all of this was going on, our dinner was ready so Ella got to have some naked time in the living room while we ate, took her bath, nursed and went right down @ 8. Then she was up at 11:15, went back down pretty easily. Woke back up at 2, I nursed her again and then put her down, she instantly woke back up and started fussing. I knew she was well fed so I went to lay back down and let her fuss herself to sleep, she was up until 3! Needless to say it was a very long night! Thank you teeth that absolutely will not come through! Grrr. . . . .
Anyway, she just woke up from her mini nap (that is what our days at work during teething have been reduced to. Maybe 20 minutes at a time but then gets SUPER fussy an hour and a half later. Rinse & repeat!) So I’ll leave you with a couple of pictures and try to post a little more during nap #2??
. . . What the heck happened to Brads hand?!
We’ll start with that explanation! On Sunday the 8th, I was out to a nice lunch with Ella, my Mom, and My sister; afterwards we did some grocery shopping where I was bragging to them about what AMAZING guacamole Brad makes! Do we see where this is going? We got home, were unpacking the groceries, and I asked Brad if he could by chance make us some guacamole as we had purchased all of the necessary supplies. Working on his 3rd avocado he had a momentary lapse in judgement, stabbed the pit, the knife went straight THROUGH the pit and into (and all the way through) Brads pointer finger on his left hand. All I hear is him saying “That’s not good” looking over and seeing a knife all the way through the avocado half, complete with blood on the end, and then look over to see Brad running his hand under the faucet and the water is RED! I ran and got a cloth diaper and my mom tied it around his hand and off she took him to the emergency room. 3 hours later they’re on their way home and it turns out the knife did go all the way through his finger, Brad doesn’t half any feeling in the top half of his finger, turns out he cut through a nerve and we’re going to see a specialist the next day. Well, Monday rolls around and that afternoon Brad, Ella, my sister Sara, and I are headed down to Denver to see a hand surgeon. We get there and they do the surgery right in the office, oh yes, they had to cut him up a little more, go in and sew his nerve back together. The prognosis is good, if he doesn’t do anything to screw it up while it’s in the splint he should regain about 98% of the feeling in that finger. I guess where he cut through the nerve is going to die, and then it will begin to regenerate. Fun stuff!
So, it was a stressful vacation week for me! I had planned to get some knitting and sewing done for the opening of my Etsy store (See button in the top right of the blog!). But, I had to push that back to September 1st. So, anyone who needs some homemade baby items for yourself or as a gift, check out my store on September 1st!!
And now what you all came for, Ella! Here are her 6th month photos, I haven’t edited any of them yet but love how some of them turned out anyway! This isn’t all of them, just a few of my faves! Enjoy!
We finally caught her rolling over on video! And it only took 11 seconds of filming, LoL! I hope everyone enjoys! Sorry for the lack of posting, I had family in town last week so I was pretty busy. Will be posting soon with Ella’s 6 month pictures and more!
Ella is already half a year old!
She had her 6 month well check yesterday which included 5 new shots! Poor kid.
She weighed in at 14 lbs 3 oz (17th percentile, so she’s dropped there but she’s still gaining), she is 25 1/2″ tall (43rd percentile), and her head was 17 1/3″ around (85th percentile). She isn’t doing as well with her shots this time, she has this horrible little red welt on the leg that had to have 3 of the shots: